Terms and ConditionsThe following is an outline of company policy for all Joimo Corporation (Joimo) leagues and events as well as payment terms. Approval of these terms of service shall represent agreement by the customer of understanding and for full compliance:
1. Acceptance of Terms of ServiceJoimo reserves the right to update and change, from time to time, these Additional Terms and all documents incorporated by reference. You can always find the most recent version of this Addendum and the most recent version of the Joimo Terms of Service at http://joimo.com/terms.
2. League Viability and Joimo Right to ModifyJoimo leagues are viable with a minimum of 4 teams per league. Once a league becomes viable with 4 teams and has begun operation, there are no refunds. If a league does not become viable with a minimum of 4 teams, or any unforeseen circumstance which requires a particular league to be entirely canceled in advance of the first match, full refunds will be given if team does not want to, or cannot, be placed in another Joimo league.
League times and locations are as listed. However, Joimo reserves the right to change specific league locations and operating times as necessary due to any required scheduling changes either on a weekly or seasonal basis. If there is a change in specific league location exceeding 10 miles for a majority (at least 5 weeks) of an entire season, customers will be given refund/credit options. Otherwise, there shall be no refunds or credits provided. Joimo also reserves the right to shorten any league due to multiple weather cancellations or unforeseen circumstances without any refund or credits provided.
In addition to changing times and locations, Joimo reserves the right to add, alter, and/or remove teams from a league at any time (even once a league has started).
3. League Registration Terms
a. Individual RegistrationsIndependent registrants placed on a team are not eligible for any refunds. Independent registrants who cannot be placed on a team will be entitled to a full refund. Teams may be formed by individuals who register to be part of a specific team. In such cases, individuals must include that team name or team captain to guarantee same team placement. These pre-determined individual teams MUST have the minimum number of roster players for that sport.
Individuals registering by themselves to play with one or more friends must include name of at least one of those friends for same team placement. Unless separate friend registrations are received within the same 24 hour period, same team placement is not guaranteed although Joimo will make every effort to place requested friends on same team.
An independent registrant who will not be able to participate in their season due to an illness or injury must notify Joimo in writing within the first week of the start of the league for future league placement-no refunds will be provided. A doctor's note must accompany any illness/injury league deferment request. If approved, league deferment may not exceed more than two (2) seasons or six (6) months - whichever comes first at which time it becomes null and void. Once a season enters its second week of operation, there is no consideration for change in participation due to injury or illness.
Joimo will not place more than the advertised maximum number of players on any individual team roster without the consent of the members of that team in advance.
b. Team Registrations and RostersJoimo does not require team captains provide a full roster at the time of registration.
Teams registered in full as a team by one person (captain) have rosters controlled by that captain and players within the team. Joimo may not place individual players on a team roster without the express written consent of that team's captain or representative. Teams may be formed by individuals who register to be part of a specific team. In such cases, individuals must include that team name or team captain to guarantee same team placement. These pre-determined individual teams must have the minimum number of roster players for that sport or Joimo shall place additional individuals on that team, not to exceed the advertised maximum roster, to guarantee a complete team.
Joimo often provides discounts to winning teams (see specific activity for more details). Discounts are only valid when it's for the following season, it's for the same activity, and an entire team registers.
4. League, Tournament and/or Event Payment TermsAll league fees must be paid in full as listed by each sport and/or event. Team or individual registration made online or via fax, in person or by USPS mail constitutes an agreement to provide full payment.
Verbal registrations will not be accepted and will not be considered as confirmation for holding a team or individual spot without receipt of full payment.
All league, tournament or event payments are to be provided in US dollars.
Pre-season cancellation for all Joimo leagues and tournaments is permitted up to 72 hours in advance of the advertised start of league. A 30% fee shall be assessed for any applicable pre-season cancellations. Pre-season cancellation must be done in writing via USPS, FedEx, UPS, courier delivery or fax. E-mailed or telephoned cancellations will NOT be accepted.
Bounced or returned checks will result in a penalty of $10 plus the penalty charge. Once the participant is notified, a full payment plus the penalty charges must be made immediately by credit card or cash, otherwise the participant will not be permitted to join the league, tournament, or event, and/or any future activities.
5. Photographic Material"Photograph(s)" means all photographic material furnished by Joimo. Hereunder whether transparencies, negatives, prints, digital media, cd's, dvd's, video, television or otherwise. Except as otherwise specifically provided herein, all photographs and rights therein, including copyright, remain the sole and exclusive property of Joimo.
Participants will not prevent Joimo or photographer(s) from making or permitting any alterations, additions, or subtractions in respect of the photographs, including without limitation any digitalization or synthesizing of the photographs, alone or with any other material, by use of computer or other electronic means or any other method or means now or hereafter known.
Joimo retains for life, reproduction and display rights to all photographs for use in providing images to future participants so long as they are deemed public in nature, photographic competition, promotional materials and any publication of an original manuscript or portfolio presentation for trade or other use. "Public in nature" shall be any subject media that would be visible to the general public from the location the subject media was captured without the requirement of special access being granted by the participant.
6. Waiver of LiabilityIn consideration of being allowed to participate in any way in Joimo Corporation athletic sports program, related events and activities, the undersigned acknowledges, appreciates, and agrees that:
1) The risk of injury from the activities involved in this program is significant, including the potential for permanent paralysis and death, and while particular rules, equipment, and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious injury does exist; and,
2) I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, both known and unknown, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES or others, and assume full responsibility for my participation; and,
3) I represent and warrant I am in good physical condition and able to safely participate in any Joimo Activity in which I participate. I willingly agree to comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions for participation. If, however, I observe any unusual significant hazard during my presence or participation, I will remove myself from participation and bring such to the attention of the nearest official immediately; and,
4) I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, HEREBY RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS Joimo Corporation their officers, officials, agents, and/or employees, other participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, and if applicable, owners and lessors of premises used to conduct the event ("RELEASEES"), WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL INJURY, DISABILITY, DEATH, or loss or damage to person or property, WHETHER ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, AND SIGN IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT. I ALSO HAVE READ AND COMPLETELY UNDERSTAND THE RULES AND TERMS OF CONDITION OF JOIMO CORPORATION.